Read how we created this multi functioning garden room/office for our Surrey based client
This family live in a beautiful setting and were looking for a building that could offer the flexibility to do many things. The initial use was part office and part gym, but with a stunning outlook the clients quickly added a sauna inside and a hot tub outside. We upgraded the electrics to handle these additions and also installed the base for the tub purchased through our friends at Home Counties swimming pools.
Due to restrictions imposed on the land we needed to lay a concrete base as opposed to our standard Steel and timber frame and completed this in good weather some two months prior to the building installation.
The room features our UPVC French doors and windows; this upgrade, along with MTX cladding and EPDM roof offers extremely low maintenance and our unique 10 year guarantee. As the building was more that 2m away from the boundaries we had the option of increasing the overall height to up to 3m without requiring planning and this works so much better when using a running machine & cross trainer.
The 4.8x3m room houses a large desk, 3 man sauna, running machine plus other hobby items with ease.
The end result is a stunning, well-proportioned room in the perfect colour and offers the clients a relaxing and tempting addition to the property and is surely a great investment.
This is what our client says
"From start to finish, Martin and his team at Bakers have been extremely professional and their customer service is second to none. Very friendly, excellent communication and invaluable advice from Martin made the whole process seamless. We couldn't be happier with our garden room, the build quality and finish is fantastic and a superb addition to our garden. We would have no hesitation in recommending Bakers Timber Building for anyone considering a garden room."
• 4.87 x 3m aim to keep under 3.0m planning rule maximise 2440 Tricoya (MTX) boarding
• Base coat preservative, On-site installation, toughened double glazing
• Shiplap with standard lining and insulation
• Insulated floor
• Timber Laminated Flooring - Florence
• MDF Painted Internals v200 in brilliant white
• Security Pack including 5 lever mortise lock, bonded glass and locking stays
• Fire/ Zero maintenance wall to rear and right side
• Sadolin superdec painted externals (as our terms and conditions) RAL 7016
• Concrete base with reinforcement, spoil left on-site
• Concrete base for hot tub (assumes 7x7)
• Standard Electrical installation with Communications Package, Internet & ‘Phone
• *Firestone EPDM roof & rear height package
• *Upgrade to Tricoya (MTX) external cladding, v-100
• *Upgrade to UPVC French door – colour matched RAL 7016 inside and out
• *Upgrade to UPVC windows 4front 2 full drop side colour matched RAL 7016 on white, no mullion
• *Tricoya (MTX) trim pack