Read how we created THE perfect 'Man Cave' for our Surrey based client
This client was looking for a multipurpose room, as he was not only semi-retiring early from a full time job, but also starting a small enterprise. His man cave needed to include an office, lounge and gym, where he could have peace and quiet, privacy to work and enjoy with the family in his down time.
After visiting the show centre, it was imperative that the building came with the 10 year guarantee (for peace of mind) with as low maintenance as possible so he could get on with using and enjoying the building as opposed to maintaining it.
After a site visit by Martin baker, it was agreed that the perfect plot for the building was side on, working around a willow tree and other buildings. This side on design also lent itself to the most cost effective 10 year options of our UPVC French doors and windows. Finished in our standard RAL 7016 (anthracite) with the MTX cladding in V-100 colour matched.
The customer decided to clear the site himself, and we came in to install out steel and timber frame base; this base was the perfect solution for working close to trees with limited access to the rear of the garden and the base was extended to also have a decking area.
As the rear and right side of the building was not seen this had the cheaper "cement wall" cladding and neatly accommodated the external part of the Climate Control unit.
For this section we allowed extra sockets, hard wired internet, our WIFI Bubble for strong wireless connection plus a climate control unit so the temperature is always perfect to work and think.
For this section we added 2.4m of mirror on the rear right wall, floor sockets so the machines had no trailing leads, and a bench area with rubber matting; plus the climate control unit is a great addition.
For this section a large sofa fitted in perfectly with a large TV on the wall, fully connected to the internet and SkyQ with all pre wired for the perfect finish.
All lighting and sockets are run with our additional home automation "LightwaveRF"
So as you can see this is a very comprehensive project to the highest of standards - don't just take our word for it, see our customer's review below:
"I would like to say a huge thank you to everyone at Bakers Timber Buildings for the professional and enjoyable service they provided in building our garden office and gym.
From the moment we started talking to Martin and his team it was clear that they were highly experienced in their field and they clearly explained everything in terms of the construction of the building and ensured that we had the most suitable product for our requirements. The final quotation was clear and set out the exact costs (no hidden extras), timescales and processes.
The construction team were excellent and worked through some pretty horrible weather to get the project completed on time and to the highest standards of workmanship. Their sense of humour and flexibility, when presented with some real-time problems, kept the project on track and made the whole process enjoyable for us as clients. The ever efficient Christine, provided regular updates on the staged payments and the progress of the project plan from the office.
Martin trusts his workforce, with good reason, and kept a watching brief from a distance until completion of the project, when he came in and provided detailed quality assurance before handing the building over to us. We are hugely pleased with the finished building and would not hesitate to recommend Martin and Bakers Timber Buildings to anyone seeking a quality addition to their home. I have no doubt that our investment will increase the resale value of our home, which has effectively added two rooms to the house."
• Kite with 10 year pack additions
• Contemporary Garden Room 7m x 4.25m keeping under 2.5m planning rule with base
• Base coat preservative, On-site installation, toughened double glazing
• Insulated floor
• Timber laminated flooring in ‘Satin Oak’
• MDF painted Internals upgrade, finished in V- 200, painted in ‘Timeless’
• Security pack including 5 lever mortise lock, bonded glass and locking stays
• Zero maintenance cement wall to rear 1 side
• Sadolin superdec painted externals in colour RAL 7016
• Steel & timber framed base
• Electrical installation with communications package and home automation pack
• 3.2kw Mitsubishi climate control unit, condenser to right side of building
• Firestone EPDM roof & rear height package
• Upgraded to MTX (Medite Tricoya Xtreme) external cladding in V-100 with MTX trim pack
• Upgrade to UPVC French door - colour matched in RAL7016
• UPVC windows - 6 in front,2 in side, 1 fanlight opener, all colour matched RAL 7016 on white
• Timber decking 35sqm
• 2 x gym mirrors supplied by ‘Gap Solutions’