Read how we created a contemporary multipurpose Garden Room with a shower room for our West Sussex clients
This family approached us looking for a multipurpose all year round room to be used as a gym with a lounge area, having the potential of very occasional overnight accommodation. Due to the gym and overnight potential, along with the relative simplicity of the plumbing it was decided that they would also like to consider a shower room. Martin Baker also discussed potential of including a large cupboard to hide away the gym equipment when not in use.
After visits to the show centre and surveys by Martin Baker and the plumber we were able to agree a complete package quotation, so the family knew the total cost prior to committing. At the survey garden storage was also discussed and a colour matched garden shed on a new base was also agreed.
To clear space the shed was completed earlier and we then followed this a few weeks later with the main project. A steel and timber frame base was installed working to the planning rule heights and also the existing patio, that was due to be extended around the room when finished.
The clients loved the idea of the low maintenance 10 year guarantee specification and agreed to have this with the UPVC French doors and windows in our standard Anthracite colour with colour matching cement wall to rear and V-100 MTX Cladding to front and both sides. Internally the building is spilt into 3 rooms without thresholds; the main lounge/ gym, a large cupboard to the front left and a shower room incorporating a toilet, wash basin and towel rail. This room had a small fanlight window that was frosted for privacy.
The shower room had an upgraded wet room flooring with all the rooms finished in our moisture resistant MDF, and painted in an acrylic egg shell colour in “Timeless”.
The climate control with a night set back temperature is an extremely efficient way to keep the building warm in the winter whilst also perfect for the summer and gym use.
Along with the plumbing we provided all the electrics and communications, with a convector heater for climate override, sockets throughout, internal and external LED down lights, we fitted the TV ion the wall with hidden sockets and the room has its own WiFi Zone.
This project shows our complete package service at its best, and allows us to manage the entire project from start to finish without issue or delay. The only element not completed by us was the front patio area completed once we were finished
"We did an awful lot of research into garden rooms before deciding on Bakers Timber Buildings to build ours. We visited their showground/offices in Bolney and were immediately impressed by Martin’s level of expertise, professionalism and pride in his company and workmanship. Our impressions turned out to be totally correct, as we have been extremely happy with the entire process, from the initial inception, site visit, works and after sales service. Everything has been First Class. The building has transformed our garden and given us a very useable outside area. The workmanship is excellent and every single one of the team, from the office staff, the workshop staff to the team that actually built the room have been a pleasure to work with. Martin should be justifiably proud of his work force. We would thoroughly recommend Bakers Timber Buildings without hesitation."
• Kite Contemporary Pent Garden Room with store and toilet.
• 6 x 3.65 to keep under 2.5m planning rule with base
• Base coat preservative, on site installation, toughened double glazing
• Insulated floor
• Timber laminated flooring in ‘Satin Oak’, with wet room laminate in shower room
• MDF Painted internals upgrade in ‘v-200’ style, painted in ‘Timeless’
• Security Pack including 5 lever mortice lock, bonded glass and locking stays
• 3.65 + 1m partitions with 2x flush doors
• Zero maintenance cement wall to rear £83 p/m run
• Sadolin superdec painted externals (as our terms and conditions) in ‘RAL 7016’
• Steel & Timber framed base
• Plumbing, Electrics with Communications
• *Firestone EPDM roof and rear height upgrade
• *Upgrade to (MTX) external cladding, V100 front & 2 sides
• *Upgrade to UPVC french door colour matched 7016 in & out
• *Upgrade to UPVC windows, 2 front 1 standard side 7016 on white
• UPVC opening fanlight in shower room Frosted
• *Medite Tricoya Extreme (MTX) trim pack
• 2.6kw Climate control unit