Read how we provided our Sussex based client with a combination/storage summer house to replace a redundant garage.
Our client was looking to make better use of the space left by a redundant garage and wanted somewhere they could relax and enjoy their garden. They needed somewhere for the garage storage and the obvious solution was to provide a combination summer house/storage area, located in the position vacated by the garage. For the room to be more integrated with the garden we designed the long side to be the front and this helped our clients with the final design.
After the old garage was dismantled and removed, we installed a new timber frame base,that used the existing concrete base for support where possible. However, the room was wider and deeper that the original so we concreted steels for support in other areas. The building itself has our 10 year warrantee pack, featuring MTX (Medite Tricoya Extreme) cladding, trims and facias, with UPVC sliding doors and windows, using our colour match service to perfectly match the Sadolin Superdec “Jungle green”. Internally we finished this with the “Richmond” MDF in “Crushed Pearls” and made part of the portioned area open to the room (see plan drawing on photos) this gave a great room storage as well as garden storage section. We installed a complete electrics package with lighting, heating and sockets - all app run using our “Lightwave RF” system. We also installed cabling for SkyQ, and a wifi bubble so you never drop out of wireless signal.
This beautiful room, achieves all and more that the client was looking for and made what was previously an eyesore into the main garden feature that everyone is proud of. The jungle green blends with the existing garden and patio that we also extended. We hope this all year round room will bring many years of happiness for this lovely couple
• 6500 x 3650 (500 + 1500) Kite with executive and 10 year pack options – contemporary pent garden room, cupboard and store, installed
• Fully insulated including insulated floor
• Double glazed windows and doors, colour matched to external
• Timber laminated flooring in ‘Mammoth Oak’
• MDF painted internals upgrade in ‘Richmond’ style, painted in ‘Crushed Pearls’
• Security Pack including 5 lever mortise lock, bonded glass and locking stays
• 1.5x3.6 store section, rear partition with aperture only partition un-insulated
• Aluminium threshold to store section
• Sadolin superdec - Jungle Green externals (as our terms and conditions)
• Steel & timber framed base, sitting on concrete and extending out front
• Electrics installation with communications package, inc TV, Internet & ‘phone and home automation
• Fire/ Zero maintenance wall to rear and right
• Firestone EPDM roof & rear height package.
• Upgrade to 4.2m wide UPVC sliding doors ‘Jungle Green’ on white
• Upgrade to UPVC side window no mullion ‘Jungle Green’ on white, 400 opener
• Upgrade to Tricoya Medite Extreme (MTX) external cladding in ‘V-100’ style to include trim pack in MTX
• Upgrade to Planitherm, Argon Warm Edge glass
• Additional Timber Gate and fence panel in TGV painted in Sikkens
• Additional patio area and step