How we helped transform one client's garden with a garden room for their gym, with entertainment space and a hot tub canopy.
The clients in this project wanted to transform their garden by adding a garden room to house their gym equipment, and a neat side canopy for a hot tub that could be enjoyed all year round. They found us after searching the internet and visited our show centre in Bolney, Mid Sussex to see the options and finishes available.
Following a site visit, Martin Baker gave the clients an Initial quotation, and they then re-visited our show centre to choose their finishes and options, enabling us to finalise costs and complete the design before proceeding with the project.
As the clients are in the building industry there were a number of elements they wished to take on themselves, to ensure we hit the right budget ,and for the pride of being involved.
Our client wanted to maximise the space at the end of their garden, and were looking for a building to fulfil all of their requirements. They knew they wanted it to house their gym equipment but also wanted a relaxation area for after gym sessions and for entertaining. They had a hot tub which they wanted to use all year round and we designed a room with a canopy under which their hot tub could stand.
They decided on a roomy 6m x 3.65m main room with an additional 3m x 3.65m canopy to house their hot tub. In order to get the maximum inside head height our clients rejected the usual pent roof covering in favour of the Firestone EPDM roof, which also offered them the lowest maintenance option possible.
They chose to colour match the UPVC sliding doors to the exterior Medite Tricoya Extreme (MTX) cladding, trims and fascias and selected a modern and very popular "RAL 7016 Anthracite" colour. The UPVC windows were also finished in matching "Anthracite" UPVC, along with our Fire wall to rear. With no timber on the outside this project comes with a 10 year full guarantee, a 30-50 year life expectancy and the lowest maintenance possible.
'RAL 7004 Signal Grey' was chosen for the paint under their canopy – so that it wasn't too dark underneath. They also decided to upgrade on the standard internal wall covering and chose v-200 MDF which they arranged to paint after our installation. The laminate flooring in "Satin Oak" complements the colours perfectly.
Along with the base, electrics, final painting and colour matched MTX fencing, the client also fitted two TVs to mirror each other; one in the room and one in the canopy so they could watch the TV from the hot tub. Along with this Gap Solutions fitted a mirrored sliding door cupboard to keep the room spotless at all times.
Our client was delighted with the process and the finished result of their gym with canopy, telling us:
"Great company had ours put up this week looks amazing couldn't be happier with it. Thanks to Martin and his team !! 5*"
Package & Features
• UPVC wide (4.2m) sliding doors and UPVC windows, colour matched in 'RAL 7016' - 10 year pack
• 6m x 3.65m main room plus (6m+3m canopy)
• Main room in shiplap with lining and insulation, upgraded to MTX external cladding
• V- 100 MTX to right & front
• Fire/ Zero maintenance wall to rear and left
• MTX trim pack
• Sadolin superdec painted externals RAL 7016,
• Insulated floor on bearers
• Laminated Flooring in 'Satin Oak'
• MDF Painted Internals upgrade to V-200 (painted by customer)
• Security Pack including multi point locking system, and locking stays
• Canopy for Hot Tub, under clad in 'Signal Grey'
• Firestone EPDM roof & rear height package
• Concrete Base
• Electrical, communications and home Automation
• Bar with LED light
• TV in canopy for use with hot tub
• MTX fencing
• Patio and artificial grass
• Mirrored cupboard by Gap Solutions