Read on to find out how we constructed this modern stylish office for our Kent customer, featuring a split faced tiling wall to interior
We first met this client when he arranged to visit the show centre to look at what was possible from us. He also came with a virtual design board with some great ideas we had not done before. He was looking for an office with a more industrial dark look than our standard with glass to over 50% of the walls and the rest in a stone tile called “Split faced”.
After talking to the Bakers team one of them had experience in installing split face tiling so we were confident to keep the entire project and finish in-house enabling us to offer the complete package for the client. We had the idea of adding a different split face tile to the outside support post which the client loved.
Once the survey was carried out and all finer details discussed, we were able to offer a fixed price quotation for the entire garden office project, so the client knew the exact cost before committing to us.
First we needed to remove a wall and lift some patio, ready to accept the steel and timber framed base that gives the foundations. We also set up floor sockets & internet cabling ready for this to go under the client’s desk.
The garden office is our Tri-slider measuring 6m wide & 3.7m deep; it has additional widows to the rear to look out to a wooded area as well as sliding doors to the left to fully integrate with the garden. While the principal use is as a office it will also be used for entertaining and links with the BBQ area for the summer.
Finished externally in our standard anthracite colour, with MTX (Medite Tricoya Extreme) cladding to the front and left hand side with cement wall to the rear and right plus the addition of the slate tile to the pillar. Inside we continued to use the anthracite for internal walls and trims, with Black Quartz Sparkle Maxi to half of the rear and right walls. The ceiling was painted in brilliant white which really made the wall pop, making the remainder of the room feel spacious.
We installed standard LED down lights in and out, with the addition of a multi-coloured LED wall wash lighting to the feature walls. There is a fantastic wall hung electric fire place sited in the middle of the feature wall and a grey oil filled radiator on the left hand side for frost protection. As with all our rooms a robust internet connection was made to the house router and a wireless access point (wifi bubble) was installed in the room.
We added to the patio work to the front of the room and created a new area to the left to complete this stunning project - handing the keys to the client in just under four weeks from starting on site!
"We had a fantastic experience from start to finish. The design team worked with me to agree design and functionality, with a friendly yet professional on-site team who built me an excellent office. Exceeded my expectations!"
• 6x3.7m Contemporary Pent Garden Room, height under 2.5m to conform to planning rule with base
• Tri-sliding with 10 year pack
• Insulated floor
• Toughened double glazing - with LowE, Planitherm, argon warm edge, 4 seasons glass
• Timber Laminated Flooring - Satin Oak
• MDF Painted Internals upgrade - walls, plain style / ceiling painted ‘Brilliant White’
• Walls and trims and skirting in 7016
• Security Pack including 5 lever mortise lock, bonded glass and locking stays
• Sadolin Superdec painted externals in RAL 7016
• Dismantle and remove wall
• Steel & Timber framed base, keeping patio to front
• Electrical installation with Communications Pack
• *Firestone EPDM roof & rear height package.
• Zero maintenance cement wall to rear & 1 side
• *Upgrade to (MTX) external cladding, V100 front and one side
• *Medite Tricoya Extreme (MTX) trim pack
• Split faced inside feature wall. 3.5 side + 3m of rear in ‘Black Quartz Sparkle Maxi’
• Split faced Mosaic to outside post 1 elevation in ‘Maxi Black’
• 4.2m wide Tri-sliding Aluminium doors
• 2.7 m wide Aluminium sliding doors RAL 7016 Anthracite smooth
• Aluminium windows in RAL 7016 smooth 3 full drop 1 fanlight
• Patio in Indian sandstone (grey) to front & sides