Read how we created the ultimate entertainment room for our Sussex based customer
These clients first reached out to us more than three years ago before deciding to move forward. In that time their ideas of using the garden had changed, however, they kept in contact with different ideas as they occurred to them and as the plan started to evolve.
In the meantime, they decided to move forward with a hot tub and this inspired them to also want a canopy to house this - so the tub can be used in all weathers, something that they found frustrating with it being outside.
After a few meetings and discussions at our show centre at the Bolney Grange Business Park, along with a couple of site surveys, they decided on a complete garden renovation, bringing in a landscaper who along with landscaping the rest of the garden also laid the concrete base and helped with the drainage and plumbing solution.
As the hot tub was getting a lot of use and the clients did not have a downstairs shower room, they decided to include one in their garden room; however, they still wanted the main focus to be a large bar area inside where they could entertain with family and friends. Due to this, unlike most other projects before, we decided to use a standard kitchen bar top 0.6m deep and almost 2.5m in a beautiful timber finish that contrasts with the modern feel of the building.
Internally, along with the shower, we included a toilet and basin. Behind the bar we installed a standalone basin for washing up and we also plumbed in an American-style fridge with cold water and ice making facilities.
With a large TV on the wall, Sonos speakers, downlighters, LED wall & bar wash lighting - all controlled from Alexa, there is nothing more you need for your ultimate garden entertainment room!
Externally the building was completed with a 10 year guarantee and has no timber. It features aluminium sliding doors and an awesome 600 fibre-optic twinkling star ceiling for the canopy with two external Sonos speakers. The Landscaper then paved to the front and under the canopy to accept the hot tub.
This is a very comprehensive project that we are extremely proud of featuring our complete package to include plumbing and electrics, along with all of the awesome lighting - not only to the building but to the whole garden - all smart app run.
But don’t take our word for it - see what our client says:
"My wife and I spent around two years in planning and design for our new garden room project. Martin Baker and his team ensured our new building and overall experience was a pleasure and fulfilled our needs perfectly. Communications, quality and punctuality are very important in any build and all were excellent. The site was always left tidy and clean and Martin's enthusiasm, knowledge and professionalism always shone through and his team all met his high standards. Our new room has become a focal point for entertaining and relaxing. We thoroughly recommend Bakers Timber Buildings, well done."
At Bakers Timber Buildings, we like to say we’re big enough to cope and small enough to care. Our customers recognise the quality of our work and the passion with which we deliver it.
• 6.2m x 3.65m Contemporary Pent Garden Room, with 3m canopy
• 3.63m of partitioning to create toilet & shower room
• Wet room Laminated Flooring - classic Oak grey
• MDF Painted Internals upgrade finished in v-200 style, painted in ‘Timeless’
• Zero maintenance cement wall to rear & left side
• 3m side canopy with MTX to rear panel, painted in RAL 7016 with star ceiling
• Externals colour RAL7016
• Electrics including Communications and Home Automation Alexa run
• Plumbing and Special Bar
• Firestone EPDM roof & rear height package.
• Upgrade to (MTX) external cladding, V100
• 4.2m wide Aluminium sliding doors RAL 7016 Anthracite
• Add UPVC single door in side in RAL 7016
• Upgrade to UPVC windows in RAL 7016 Anthracite 2x front 1x oflo
• Medite Tricoya Extreme (MTX) trim pack
• upgrade to LowE, planitherm, argon warm edge, 4 seasons glass
• Lawful development certificate, to confirm building is allowed without planning