Read how our London based customers realised their dream of a self-contained multipurpose garden room in Iroko timber
When we first met this client he was looking for some additional living space, initially as a lounge/ kids games room, but to possibly use as a gym in the future. Because of this gym use and proximity to the boundaries we recommended planning and as there was no deadline for completion this was agreed. Once the planning was permitted the client decided to hold off installation as he was now looking to completely renovate the garden and needed some time to get this clear. After a delay of six months and with the help of a garden designer they were ready to move forwards.
While the low maintenance of the MTX cladding had an appeal, they really wanted to use real wood and have that contrast with the Aluminium doors. Typically when using Redwood, there is a high maintenance and lower warranty as we are reliant on annual retreatments; however, by using the Redwood as a structural cladding only and introducing a vapour barrier, vented cavity and then adding a durable timber (or other cladding) we can offer the same warrantees as our MTX with a reduced and not critical maintenance plan. Prior to the clients visiting the show centre to agree the look and specification we had an array of cladding options including, Cedar, Accoya, Oak & Cedral, however as the clients house windows and doors were in Iroko it was decided to match this.
Along with the “Iroko” cladding the rest of the design was carefully laid out with mm precision, to allow for a kitchenette, existing Fridge freezer and to maximise the toilet room as it was to double up as storage for cushions and other items.
We ensured the fixed window to the front was the exact same size as each of the Tri-sliding doors with Aluminium windows and side door all in “Anthracite” that contrasts with the Iroko beautifully. All the glass was upgraded to our LowE option that holds heat in the winter and reflects heat away in the summer, this also offers a nice reflective look. Internally the rooms was finished in the V-200 in “Timeless”.
Here at Bakers we love working with you for your perfect building. The new cladding options really excited us so much so we now have a new building at the show centre that shows the Iroko and Cedar options.
Our clients comments speak for themselves:
“We are so pleased that we chose Bakers Timber Buildings for the design and construction of our garden room. Martin was able to offer practical advice throughout the design process and really left us feeling that nothing was too much trouble. The construction team were extremely professional throughout the build and were quick to address any concerns. We are delighted with the finished building which is perfect for entertaining friends or just relaxing for a couple of hours.”
At Bakers Timber Buildings, we like to say we’re big enough to cope and small enough to care. Our customers recognise the quality of our work and the passion with which we deliver it.
If you want to find out more about our range of garden rooms, come and visit our showground or give us a call today.
The answer is yes… we just don’t know what the question is yet.
• Contemporary Garden Room 7m x3.8m
• Iroko Cladding to front & left
• Insulated floor
• Soft Oak Grey wet room floor laminate flooring
• MDF Painted Internals upgrade, v200 painted in ‘Timeless’
• Partitions to make toilet area with flush door and child safe lock
• Zero maintenance cement wall to rear & right
• dismantle & dispose of climbing frame & spoil to skip
• Steel & Timber framed base
• Plumbing, toilet, basin, kitchenette, hot water
• Electrics with Communications package and Home Automation
• *Firestone EPDM roof & rear height package
• *Upgrade to RAL 7016 aluminium Tri-sliding doors opening both ways
• *Upgrade to RAL 7016, opening inwards aluminium French door in side
• *Upgrade to Aluminium windows 1 full drop side 1 front
• Shiplap Timber cladding over the top of cement board for planning
• Finishing Oil to all Iroko
• Iroko trim and facias pack
• upgrade to planitherm, argon warm edge glass