Read how we helped to transform an unused corner of a Surrey garden with the addition of a bespoke, contemporary garden room.
The project – an aluminium Tri-slider Executive Pent garden room
These Surrey clients were looking for a contemporary garden room to complete and compliment their fantastic property. They had been working with a landscaper, and wanted a suitable garden room to for a previously unused area of their garden.
After visiting our show ground in mid-Sussex to see all the various options available, they decided on an Executive Pent garden room.
Martin Baker provided the clients with an initial quotation, and a subsequent free site survey enabled us to finalise costs and complete the design, working with the clients' garden landscaper to ensure a smooth overall project.
The work - designing and building the garden room
Our client had finalised their landscaping designs and were looking for a building with a contemporary design which fit nicely in its surroundings - looking like it had always been there.
The Executive Pent garden room they chose for their Surrey home measures a roomy 4.8 m x 3.8m plus a matching overhang/canopy measuring 2.4m x 3.8m to the side, furnished with downlights as well as a pendant light fitting.
The clients also upgraded the building to our 10 year guarantee pack, with the Vertical V-groove version of the "Medite Tricoya Extreme (MTX)" to the front and left side in "Ral 7016 Anthracite". Their choice of Aluminium Tri-sliding doors to the front in addition to a pair of French doors in the side gave a dual aspect building fully integrated with the exterior canopy (overhang). These doors and windows are all in matching "Anthracite" aluminium, along with our fire-wall to rear and Firestone EPDM roof, offering the lowest maintenance garden building possible.
Internally the building is finished in our MDF V-groove 200 in "Timeless" acrylic eggshell. The flooring is our "Florence" that complements the colours perfectly.
Our clients also opted for full home automation, meaning their electrics could be accessed via an app for convenience.
The result – an "amazing" contemporary Surrey garden room
The Anthracite colour works so well, completing the beautiful garden and complementing our client's fantastic Surrey property. And they were delighted with the result:
"Bakers Timber Buildings recently completed our garden room. The result is absolutely amazing. The installation of the garden room was part of a bigger landscaping project in the back of our garden and from start to finish, Martin and his team have been great. Valuable advice when going through the vast number of options, excellent communication throughout and flexibility during the planning and execution phase.
We are very pleased with the end result and have no hesitation to recommend Bakers Timber Buildings."
• Executive Pent Garden Room 4.8m x 3.8m plus additional covered area
• Aluminium Tri-sliding door painted in matching RAL 7016
• Lined and insulated
• Insulated floor
• Timber laminated flooring in 'Florence'
• MDF Painted internals in 'Timeless', upgraded to V groove 200, upgraded to MTX external cladding with V-groove
• Security pack including 5 lever mortice lock, bonded glass and locking stays
• Externals painted in Sadolin Superdec 'RAL 7016' (Anthracite)
• Fire/Zero maintenance wall on rear and right hand side
• Firestone EPDM roof & rear height package
• Aluminium side windows – Colour matched in RAL7016
• Aluminium French doors in the side – Colour matched in RAL7016
• Tricoya Trim & Fascia pack
• 2.4m x 3.65m cover area with support posts and ceiling with down-lighters, with the upgrade to prepare for an additional pendant light fitting
• Electrics to include communications package and home automation upgrade