Read how we designed and built this self-contained, year-round poolside summer house so our customers could spend long, lazy summer days in their garden without the need to traipse wet costumes and towels through their house Case study 5554
These Surrey based clients were introduced to us by our friends at Falcon Pools, they were looking for a pool side room, fully self- contained so they did not need to go back to the house and also wanted a covered outside space for their hot tub - to enable them to spend long, lazy days by the pool.
This Contemporary Poolside room is a roomy 5x5m metres plus an additional 5m x 4m canopy to ‘weather proof’ their hot tub. With the remaining 1m of the canopy area being a slick cupboard space for all the inflatables along with safe chemical storage.
The client also upgraded the building to our 10 year guarantee pack, with the Vertical V-groove version of the "Medite Tricoya Extreme (MTX) " to the front and right hand side in "Ral 7012". The aluminium bi-folding doors on the front, side French doors and windows are all colour-matched to the exterior; which, along with our cement wall to rear and Firestone EPDM roof, offers the lowest maintenance garden building possible.
Internally the building is finished in our MDF V-groove 200 in "Timeless" acrylic eggshell. The flooring is our "Beach House Oak" Aquastep , especially suitable for wet rooms.
The room has a toilet and shower room with ample space for changing, and along with this has a kitchen bar area where they can prepare snacks and drinks including a coffee machine for an early morning swim.
Our client was delighted with the entire project that was fully completed as shown, by us and Falcon Pools. They wanted a self-contained unit to allow them to spend the whole day by the pool and their room and surround provides everything to hand for them to do just that.
Package & Features
• Contemporary Pent pool side Room, with canopy
• 5x5 +5x4 Over hang, aim to keep under 2.5m planning rule with base TBD
• 5x4 side roof overhang, with support posts, under clad ceiling
• Shiplap with standard lining and insulation
• Insulated floor on bearers
• Aquastep wet room Laminated Flooring in ‘Beach House Oak’
• MDF Painted Internals upgrade in ‘V groove 200’ style, painted in ‘Timeless’
• Security Pack including 5 lever mortice lock, bonded glass and locking stays
• Plant-room including top coat preservative, 2.5m x 1.2m x 2m high
• Partitions to make shower room
• Boxing in to plumbing
• Sadolin superdec painted externals ‘RAL 7012’
• 1m x 4m rear store to overhang tricoya to front, inc special doors
• Bar & Bar light wall wash
• Electrical installation
• Fire/ Zero maintenance wall - rear and left side
• Firestone EPDM roof & rear height package. inc overhang.
• Aluminium French doors in the side
• Upgrade to 4.2 wide Tri-sliding or Bi-folding aluminium doors RAL7012
• Upgrade to Tricoya Medite Extreme (MTX) external cladding, Vgroove front and RH side
• Upgrade to Aluminium windows 2x side opening RAL7012
• Tricoya Medite Extreme (MTX) trim pack