Read how we created this ultimate pool side room for our client. Meaning spending a day by the pool can be just that, with everything to hand
This client had a complete blank canvas and wanted a new swimming pool and a self-contained pool side building. The building needed to offer a changing area, toilet and shower, along with a small kitchen/ bar area, as well as a lounge and in & out dining options. They also loved the canopy idea and decided to have one each end of the building - one for dining and the other for a hot tub.
After a site visit and detailed discussions at the show centre, it was decided to have bi-folding doors on the front with a sliding door set on one side to lead out to the dining area, the shower and changing room to be on the other side.
Our clients wanted to keep the maintenance as low as possible and decided on our full 10 year warranty specification. With aluminium doors and windows, colour matching the Medite Tricoya Extreme (MTX) cladding, and trim pack.
As the building was more than 2m away from any boundary we were also able to increase the height of the building to just under 3m. This, and the building being under 30sqm, meant this was installed within permitted development and regulations.
Each canopy is 3m wide and features MTX cladding to the rear panels
Internally we installed a 1200 x 700 Mira power shower, with a separate area shut off by a concertina door with the toilet, basin and hot water storage. This hot water storage also fed the “Elfin” kitchenette. This one piece unit includes a basin, fridge, oven, microwave and cupboard and is a great solution for maximising space.
We used wet room flooring throughout the project and this looks great against the v-200 MDF internal walls.
A stunning building that complements the pool and the beautiful surroundings of the property. With this building you can spend the entire day and evening pool-side without ever needing to go back to the house, making you feel like you're on holiday in your own garden!
• Kite with executive and 10 year pack options, Contemporary Pent pool-side Room 7.6m x 4.0m (30 sqm internal) plus 2x canopies
• aim to keep under 3.0m* planning rule with base
• Base coat preservative, On-site installation, toughened double glazing
• Insulated floor
• wet-room Laminated Flooring
• MDF Painted Internals upgrade, V 200 in Wevet (273) by Farrow and Ball
• 4’ x12’ shower and toilet section with flush & hard wood doors
• Zero maintenance cement wall to rear
• Partition for toilet with Marley Concertina door
• Sadolin superdec painted externals (RAL 7005) Mouse Grey
• Steel & Timber framed base
• Kitchenette from Elfin Kitchens
• Electricals, Communications package
• Home Automation pack
• Plumbing and kitchen instalation
• *Firestone EPDM roof & rear height package
• *Upgrade to MTX external cladding, V-100 front and sides
• *Upgrade to RAL 4.2m wide Bi-folding aluminium doors RAL 7005
• *Upgrade to Aluminium windows 4 FLO 2 front full drop RAL 7005
• Additional in line slider in LH side 2400 wide opening front to back RAL 7005
• *MTXtrim pack
• upgrade to LowE planitherm argon warm edge bioclean Natura glass
• 2x 3m side canopy with steel post and Tricoya rear and EPDM
• *part of our 10 year warranty pack